La consultation d'anesthésie
50 summary sheets to cover all aspects of the anaesthesia consultation
The anesthesia consultation is the obligatory step before any surgery. Far from being insignificant, this meeting between the anaesthetist and his patient constitutes a time of information and synthesis essential for the continuation of the patient's journey.
What to do when a patient refuses a transfusion? How to foresee an allergic or neurological risk? etc. Faced with the multitude of clinical situations, the anaesthetist needs decision-making assistance to adhere as well as possible to the numerous recommendations of the scientific societies and to improve the quality of his care.
Therefore, the coordinators of this book wished to propose to the practitioner a synthetic compilation that includes regulatory aspects, risk analysis and/or the best options for anticipation.
They brought together the best authors to propose some fifty sheets with a single watchword: "keep it simple and clear". The use of synoptic tables or examples of documents to be reproduced was also often favoured.
Each card is built according to an imposed structure, offering the reader a pleasant path where he or she will quickly find his or her bearings.
Based on the latest recommendations and full of examples and practical details, this pocket-sized book will soon become the vade-mecum for any anaesthetist to carry out a successful consultation.
· Morgan Le Guen, Anesthesiologist-Resuscitator, Foch Hospital, Suresnes
· Vincent Collange, Anesthesiologist-Resuscitator, Clinique du Grand Large, Décines-Charpieu (Rhône-Alpes) - Co-creator of the pre-anaesthetic consultation software: Moebius
· Marc Fischler Head of the Anaesthesia-Resuscitation Department, Foch Hospital, Suresnes
1. Regulatory aspects
3. Prediction of risk
4. Preparation for the intervention since the consultation
5. Anticipate the anesthetic strategy
Conclusion: The Future of Consultation